The Kick Start Program is for kids aged up to 16 years, who may wish to go on to enter in a junior motorcycle event are required to attend a Junior Coaching Program (Kickstart) It is a fun way to teach the kids to ride, control and enjoy a motorcycle. This includes current up to date advice, demonstration and training.
- The course covers; motorcycling rules and regulations, club rules, safety gear, scrutineering of motorcycles, maintenance tips for your bike.
- The club coach will go over riding positions, weight distribution, throttle, brake and clutch control, braking and cornering skills from our certified coaches.
- Through completion of the course, allows your junior to apply for their MA licence.
The kickstart course is generally held at our Minikhana Complex, 85 Redmayne Rd, Horsley Park.
Cost: $25 per rider + membership $50 (online via Ridernet and paid prior to the day)
We have a fully stocked canteen complete with BBQ but feel free to also bring plenty of drinks as it is thirsty work riding bikes. Some additional items are hat and sunscreen.
All riders must be a member of a club when participating in the Kickstart program. Click here to become a BHJMTC member
MEMBERSHIPS & RIDING FEES 2019
FAMILY MEMBERSHIP – $60
SINGLE MEMBERSHIP – $50
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, child’s age, bike size and make and check our calendar for the next Kickstart Programs
Riding Gear Needed – Essential
- Helmet that has ASA (Australian Standards Association) sticker on the back of it
- Body armour
- Motocross boots that cover ¾ way up lower leg
Non-Essential Riding Gear
- Knee and Elbow guards. (BHJMTC prefer riders have these on the day, other sports including skateboarding knee and elbow guards are okay to use also.
- Neck brace (not essential)
Bike set up for the day
- Bike size is limited to 85cc/150f or smaller
- Please remove side stands on bikes over 50cc
- Ensure there is a handlebar pad fitted and handlebar ends are plugged with either internal or external bar plugs
- Tyre pressures are usually around 12 to 14psi. Bring your fuel with you
- If you have spare clutch and brake levers, these are good spares to bring with you + spare spark plug
- Adjust your chain to manufacturer’s specifications
See you there!